On October 25, 2016 –the first day of the ninth NBA Season without the Sonics in Seattle–Chris Hansen announced that his investor group is removing the public financing component completely from the SoDO arena proposal, making an already outstanding deal even better and reigniting the hopes of Sonics fans everywhere!
- Seattle Arena group offers to privately finance arena, fix Lander Street (KING 5)
- Chris Hansen offers to build Seattle an arena without public funding (DEADSPIN)
- Billionaire offers to fund construction of arena to bring NBA back to Seattle (Sports Illustrated)
- Seattle investor group offers to privately finance new NBA arena (ESPN)
- Hansen arena group buys more SoDo land, investing nearly $125 total (KING 5)
On November 14, Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson announced he is joining the SoDo arena investment group and will help lead the charge to bring the NBA back to Seattle!